- UN Habitat Commits to Implementing the Global Compact on Migration
- Residents, diplomats and UN-Habitat staff join hands to clean up Nairobi
- UN-Habitat Executive Director unveils Youth Declar-Action at the Sustainable...
- Blue economy forum will boost waters’ potential
- Op-Ed By Maimunah Mohd Sharif on Sustainable Blue Economy Conference
- UN-Habitat leads Africities session on effective local government planning for...
- Chinese Cities Improving in Global Competitiveness
- Resilient cities, a matter of planning for and with children
- UN-Habitat Executive Director: World Cities Day Message
- Central and North Asian Countries Participate in Consultations on Asia and...
Geneva Liaison Office
The Geneva Office’s duties are to manage and lead UN-Habitat’s policy dialogue, partnerships and collaborative programmes with the large number of humanitarian and development agencies and NGOs located in the international hub city of Geneva. The Office actively initiates and supports UN-Habitat and joint field programmes with partner agencies as well as representing UN-Habitat’s priorities and institutional comparative advantages with permanent missions and donors for resource mobilization.
The Geneva Office also serves as a major focal point for inter-agency dialogue on sustainable urbanization among Geneva-based organizations engaged in global challenges of poverty eradication, social inclusion, climate change, energy security and conflict mitigation. The Geneva Office plays an active role in policy deliberations for the post-2015 agenda-setting by providing the sustainable urbanization perspective on goals and targets under consideration. The Office maintains an on-going dialogue with sister agencies in support of priority-setting for the Third Housing and Sustainable Urbanization Conference and its potential interface with other global conferences including the World Humanitarian Summit and Second Hyogo Framework Conference.
The Geneva Office serves as the key liaison and representative of UN-Habitat to the Inter-Agency Standing Committee of which it is a member on international humanitarian effectiveness, particularly in urban areas. The Geneva Office supports UN-Habitat’s regional and country offices with specialized expertise for humanitarian programme development for relief and reconstruction in shelter/housing, land management and property rights, water and sanitation infrastructure and local economic development, governance and capacity building at both national and sub-national levels.