- Stakeholders Endorse Proposed Integrated Waste Management Facility for Kajiado...
- UN Habitat leads discussions on creating opportunities for urban youth at Kigali...
- Kenya’s President and UN-Habitat join Nairobi residents in monthly clean-up
- Country Programme Document 2018-2022 for Palestine Launched to Celebrate World...
- Global Urban Lectures – S05E01
- Season 5 of UN-Habitat Global Urban Lectures Launched
- Ms. Maimunah Mohd Sharif, United Nations Under-Secretary-General and Executive...
- Kenya’s Garbage Hero wins the UN-Habitat Scroll of Honour
- UN-Habitat Scroll of Honour award winners announced
- Barcelona Resilience Week to Inspire Action towards Sustainable Urban Resilience
Geneva Liaison Office
The Geneva Office’s duties are to manage and lead UN-Habitat’s policy dialogue, partnerships and collaborative programmes with the large number of humanitarian and development agencies and NGOs located in the international hub city of Geneva. The Office actively initiates and supports UN-Habitat and joint field programmes with partner agencies as well as representing UN-Habitat’s priorities and institutional comparative advantages with permanent missions and donors for resource mobilization.
The Geneva Office also serves as a major focal point for inter-agency dialogue on sustainable urbanization among Geneva-based organizations engaged in global challenges of poverty eradication, social inclusion, climate change, energy security and conflict mitigation. The Geneva Office plays an active role in policy deliberations for the post-2015 agenda-setting by providing the sustainable urbanization perspective on goals and targets under consideration. The Office maintains an on-going dialogue with sister agencies in support of priority-setting for the Third Housing and Sustainable Urbanization Conference and its potential interface with other global conferences including the World Humanitarian Summit and Second Hyogo Framework Conference.
The Geneva Office serves as the key liaison and representative of UN-Habitat to the Inter-Agency Standing Committee of which it is a member on international humanitarian effectiveness, particularly in urban areas. The Geneva Office supports UN-Habitat’s regional and country offices with specialized expertise for humanitarian programme development for relief and reconstruction in shelter/housing, land management and property rights, water and sanitation infrastructure and local economic development, governance and capacity building at both national and sub-national levels.