The United Nations Office in Nairobi (UNON) will be the venue of two important meetings this April 2015.
The first is the second session of the Preparatory Committee for the United Nations Conference on Housing and Sustainable Urban Development (Habitat III) will be held from 14 to 16 April 2015.
The second is the twenty-fifth session of the UN-Habitat Governing Council scheduled for 17 to 23 April 2015. In order to take advantage of the high level representation from member states and accredited partners attending both meetings, a common exhibition area will be created from 14 to 23 April 2015.
Member States, stakeholders and organizations working in sustainable urban development are invited to exhibit projects, innovations and solutions.
Who will exhibit?
Member states, stakeholders or organizations involved in sustainable urban development. This includes:
- Cities and towns showcasing programs, initiatives, partnership and solutions to address the challenges of sustainability
- Countries presenting programs on cities at the national level
- United Nations agencies and other international organizations profiling their work on building better cities globally
- The private sector presenting services, products and innovative solutions to urban problems
- Non-governmental organizations promoting their roles in urban sustainability
- Researchers and publishers presenting the latest information on urban trends
The exhibition will run from 14 to 23 April 2015 and will be open daily from 8:30 am to 6:00 pm. Exhibitors may select the following exhibition periods:
- Habitat III PrepCom2 and Governing Council from 14 to 23 April 2015
- Habitat III PrepCom2, from 14 to 16 April 2015
- Governing Council, from 17 to 23 April 2015