- Designing public spaces using Minecraft brings refugees and local communities...
- UN Habitat Commits to Implementing the Global Compact on Migration
- Residents, diplomats and UN-Habitat staff join hands to clean up Nairobi
- UN-Habitat Executive Director unveils Youth Declar-Action at the Sustainable...
- Blue economy forum will boost water’s potential
- Op-Ed By Maimunah Mohd Sharif on Sustainable Blue Economy Conference
- UN-Habitat leads Africities session on effective local government planning for...
- Chinese Cities Improving in Global Competitiveness
- Resilient cities, a matter of planning for and with children
- UN-Habitat Executive Director: World Cities Day Message
Financing the Infrastructure Cities Need – Discussion Paper #3
The purpose of this paper is to discuss key drivers in developing an effective system of local government finance. Good local government finance enables cities to generate sustainable endogenous revenues for infrastructure and public service provision.
The paper suggests a path towards creating national enabling frameworks, and how the international community can support urban finance reform.