- UN-Habitat Launches Global Municipal Database
- Women’s Groups Discuss Engaging Women in Promoting Safety
- Harnessing Sport as an Economic Force for Urban Development
- Qatar Ambassador Jabor Bin Ali Al-Dosari and UN-Habitat Executive Director hold...
- International urbanization experts meet in Nairobi to discuss urban modern law
- UN-Habitat and partners inaugurate second community garden in Gaza Strip
- UN-Habitat Egypt to develop RAS EL HEKMA Waterfront new city in Egypt
- Time to create safe spaces for the young generation of Kenyans
- International planning experts promote Planning Guidelines in Japan and China
- Improving Public Transport Services for Women: A Story from Cairo
Financing the Infrastructure Cities Need – Discussion Paper #3
The purpose of this paper is to discuss key drivers in developing an effective system of local government finance. Good local government finance enables cities to generate sustainable endogenous revenues for infrastructure and public service provision.
The paper suggests a path towards creating national enabling frameworks, and how the international community can support urban finance reform.