- Chinese Cities Improving in Global Competitiveness
- Resilient cities, a matter of planning for and with children
- UN-Habitat Executive Director: World Cities Day Message
- Central and North Asian Countries Participate in Consultations on Asia and...
- Press Release: Abu Dhabi Signs Agreement with UN-Habitat to Host 10th World...
- One Hundred Youth Receive Training on Solar Street Lighting to Curb Urban...
- Workshop Promotes Sustainable Social Housing Projects in India
- Stakeholders Endorse Proposed Integrated Waste Management Facility for Kajiado...
- UN Habitat leads discussions on creating opportunities for urban youth at Kigali...
- Kenya’s President and UN-Habitat join Nairobi residents in monthly clean-up
The Dubai International Award For Best Practice
21 years of recognizing excellence in urban best practice
The Dubai Municipality and UN-Habitat present the Dubai International Award for Best Practices to Improve the Living Environment.
The 2017 Award comes at a critical time; with the New Urban Agenda being signed in October last year, this is a distinct opportunity to show case the most effective interventions for improving the lives of urban residents around the globe.
In line with Sustainable Development Goal 11 – to make cities and communities inclusive, safe, resilient and sustainable – the Best Practice Award recognizes significant contributions which:
- Have a demonstrable and tangible impact on improving people’s quality of life;
- Are the result of effective partnerships between the public, private and civic sectors of society;
- Are socially, culturally, economically and environmentally sustainable.
In addition, the award reflects the policy and commitment of the Dubai Government and the United Arab Emirates towards the sustainable development of human settlements and the protection of the environment.
Working closely with UN-Habitat, the award represents the importance of strong and coherent partnerships in implementing the New Urban Agenda and SDG 11, and delivering socially, economically and environmentally sustainable cities for all.
The award is open to all sectors: national and regional governments; local authorities and their associations; non-governmental organizations; multilateral agencies; community based organizations; research and academic institutions; public and private foundations; media entities and individuals.
How to Apply
Download the submission guidelines below. Proceed here to register and apply by providing the required details. Please be sure to provide valid information.
There are 5 categories of entries available. Click each tab to view more information:
In total,10 submissions are awarded for their innovative ways of dealing with social, economic, and environmental challenges in a sustainable manner: 2 Best Practices, 2 Best Practices Transfers; 2 Personal awards, and 2 Private sector winners are all given USD thirty thousand (30,000 US Dollars) each. 2 University Research winners receive USD fifteen thousand (15,000 US Dollars) each.
Final deadline for submissions: 31 August 2017
UN-Habitat Best Practices Database: Best Practices
To view past award winners, best practices and good practices, please visit UN-Habitat’s Best Practices Database