- UN-Habitat Launches Global Municipal Database
- Women’s Groups Discuss Engaging Women in Promoting Safety
- Harnessing Sport as an Economic Force for Urban Development
- Qatar Ambassador Jabor Bin Ali Al-Dosari and UN-Habitat Executive Director hold...
- International urbanization experts meet in Nairobi to discuss urban modern law
- UN-Habitat and partners inaugurate second community garden in Gaza Strip
- UN-Habitat Egypt to develop RAS EL HEKMA Waterfront new city in Egypt
- Time to create safe spaces for the young generation of Kenyans
- International planning experts promote Planning Guidelines in Japan and China
- Improving Public Transport Services for Women: A Story from Cairo
Development of Education Material for Youth on Clean Cooking, Deadline: 15 August 2017
Call for Expressions of InterestCall for Expressions of Interest
Development of Education Material for Youth on Clean Cooking
Date of publication: 25 July 2017
Deadline for submission of Expressions of Interests: 15 August 2017
Introduction. The Programme Hands-on training course on Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy Technologies for Youth Empowerment is a UN Habitat initiative focused on empowering young entrepreneurs to start income generating enterprises in the renewable energy sector and become active proponents of energy efficiency and renewable energy approaches with a clear understanding of the issues and application around climate change. Several trainings have been conducted all over Africa through this programme. It is expected that as a result of the trainings, the youth will act as positive agents in their communities and bring about behavioural change among their peers and across their communities. The programme was designed in cognisance that over 40% of the population in Africa are youth (aged between 15 and 24 years) and the need to build their capacity to become active proponents of energy efficiency and renewable energy technologies within their communities whilst generating income. UN-Habitat recognizes the potential of the youth as a major force for creating a better urban future and has several initiatives aimed at harnessing this potentialIn recognition of the role of resource efficiency and renewable energy uptake in achieving sustainable development, UN- Habitat has developed a programme to empower the youth. Through this program, interventions to date have comprised training courses on resource efficiency and renewable energy technologies. Nonetheless there still remains a gap in course materials that can be used in education institutions to help the youth understand the same. Most of the training materials developed for short training courses for artisans to learn how to construct specific stoves. This is a concept note that outlines a project on development of cook stove learning material for the youth.
Scope of the Assignment
The main assignment of this project is to develop comprehensive clean cooking learning material for basic education institutions in Kenya (primary and secondary schools). This will provide the foundation of mainstreaming clean cooking into the curricula of basic education.
Requirements of the Expression of Interest
- In order to be considered eligible, individuals and organizations submitting an Expression of Interest must have a proven track record of past work conducted in the field of resource efficiency, climate change and renewable energy related activities in Kenya. A proposal clearly outlining how the assignment will be implemented. This should the technical approach and the methodology;
- A detailed CV if he applicant is an individual;• In case of an organization, the experience and qualifications of key professional staff; and
- The organization’s registration documents.
The EOI must be submitted in electronic format no later than close of business on the 15th of August 2017 to the following email address:
The subject line should be “DEVELOPMENT OF EDUCATION MATERIAL FOR YOUTH ON CLEAN COOKING”. Please note that UN-Habitat will only contact shortlisted individuals and organizations.