- Chinese Cities Improving in Global Competitiveness
- Resilient cities, a matter of planning for and with children
- UN-Habitat Executive Director: World Cities Day Message
- Central and North Asian Countries Participate in Consultations on Asia and...
- Press Release: Abu Dhabi Signs Agreement with UN-Habitat to Host 10th World...
- One Hundred Youth Receive Training on Solar Street Lighting to Curb Urban...
- Workshop Promotes Sustainable Social Housing Projects in India
- Stakeholders Endorse Proposed Integrated Waste Management Facility for Kajiado...
- UN Habitat leads discussions on creating opportunities for urban youth at Kigali...
- Kenya’s President and UN-Habitat join Nairobi residents in monthly clean-up
Democratic Republic of Congo
Name of Organization: La Floraison ( LA FLORAISON )
Project Title: Projet de réinsertion socioéconomique de jeunes défavorisés de la cité de Baraka.
(Draft socio-economic reintegration of disadvantaged youth of the City of Baraka)
The project aimed to create and increase the employment opportunities for disadvantaged youth of the city of Baraka.
Number of beneficiaries:
This aimed to reduce the vulnerability of 80 disadvantaged young people of the city of Baraka (unwed mothers, demobilized young school dropouts) while equipping the beneficiaries economic and basic skills in order to empower them to create and / or find a job.
Number of social enterprises seeded:
The young beneficiaries of the project developed 12 youth businesses by pressing and supportingtheir operationsto improvetheirsocial welfare, cultural and economic. This has helped in creatingfinancial independence to the beneficiaries. Five of the training recipients were hired by local private companies.