- Harnessing Sport as an Economic Force for Urban Development
- Qatar Ambassador Jabor Bin Ali Al-Dosari and UN-Habitat Executive Director hold...
- International urbanization experts meet in Nairobi to discuss urban modern law
- UN-Habitat and partners inaugurate second community garden in Gaza Strip
- UN-Habitat Egypt to develop RAS EL HEKMA Waterfront new city in Egypt
- Time to create safe spaces for the young generation of Kenyans
- International planning experts promote Planning Guidelines in Japan and China
- Improving Public Transport Services for Women: A Story from Cairo
- Namibian habitat committee visits UN-Habitat
- Urban experts and practitioners trained in monitoring SDG 11 indicators
Democratic Republic of Congo
Name of Organization: La Floraison ( LA FLORAISON )
Project Title: Projet de réinsertion socioéconomique de jeunes défavorisés de la cité de Baraka.
(Draft socio-economic reintegration of disadvantaged youth of the City of Baraka)
The project aimed to create and increase the employment opportunities for disadvantaged youth of the city of Baraka.
Number of beneficiaries:
This aimed to reduce the vulnerability of 80 disadvantaged young people of the city of Baraka (unwed mothers, demobilized young school dropouts) while equipping the beneficiaries economic and basic skills in order to empower them to create and / or find a job.
Number of social enterprises seeded:
The young beneficiaries of the project developed 12 youth businesses by pressing and supportingtheir operationsto improvetheirsocial welfare, cultural and economic. This has helped in creatingfinancial independence to the beneficiaries. Five of the training recipients were hired by local private companies.