- Designing public spaces using Minecraft brings refugees and local communities...
- UN Habitat Commits to Implementing the Global Compact on Migration
- Residents, diplomats and UN-Habitat staff join hands to clean up Nairobi
- UN-Habitat Executive Director unveils Youth Declar-Action at the Sustainable...
- Blue economy forum will boost water’s potential
- Op-Ed By Maimunah Mohd Sharif on Sustainable Blue Economy Conference
- UN-Habitat leads Africities session on effective local government planning for...
- Chinese Cities Improving in Global Competitiveness
- Resilient cities, a matter of planning for and with children
- UN-Habitat Executive Director: World Cities Day Message
Democratic Republic of Congo
Name of Organization: La Floraison ( LA FLORAISON )
Project Title: Projet de réinsertion socioéconomique de jeunes défavorisés de la cité de Baraka.
(Draft socio-economic reintegration of disadvantaged youth of the City of Baraka)
The project aimed to create and increase the employment opportunities for disadvantaged youth of the city of Baraka.
Number of beneficiaries:
This aimed to reduce the vulnerability of 80 disadvantaged young people of the city of Baraka (unwed mothers, demobilized young school dropouts) while equipping the beneficiaries economic and basic skills in order to empower them to create and / or find a job.
Number of social enterprises seeded:
The young beneficiaries of the project developed 12 youth businesses by pressing and supportingtheir operationsto improvetheirsocial welfare, cultural and economic. This has helped in creatingfinancial independence to the beneficiaries. Five of the training recipients were hired by local private companies.