- Designing public spaces using Minecraft brings refugees and local communities...
- UN Habitat Commits to Implementing the Global Compact on Migration
- Residents, diplomats and UN-Habitat staff join hands to clean up Nairobi
- UN-Habitat Executive Director unveils Youth Declar-Action at the Sustainable...
- Blue economy forum will boost water’s potential
- Op-Ed By Maimunah Mohd Sharif on Sustainable Blue Economy Conference
- UN-Habitat leads Africities session on effective local government planning for...
- Chinese Cities Improving in Global Competitiveness
- Resilient cities, a matter of planning for and with children
- UN-Habitat Executive Director: World Cities Day Message
Working Group on Programme and Budget
The Committee of Permanent Representatives at its 57th regular meeting held in June 2015, formally established the Working Group on Programme and Budget in accordance with Governing Council resolution 25/7 on UN-Habitat governance reform. The Committee also endorsed the list of regional representatives to the working group, consisting of 15 member States, with three member States representing each of the five regional groupings. The Governing Council at its twenty-sixth session held in May 2017 extended the mandate of the Working Group through resolution 26/1 on “the governance reform and the extension of the mandate of the Working Group on Programme and Budget”. The current Regional Representatives to the Working Group as endorsed by the Committee during its 65th and 66th meetings are as follows:
- African States: Zimbabwe, Egypt, Uganda
- Asia-Pacific States: Iraq, Japan, India
- Eastern European States: Hungary, Poland, Romania
- Latin American and Caribbean States: Argentina, Brazil, Mexico
- Western European and other States: Germany, France, United States of America
Download the List of Regional Representatives since 2015
The Working Group adopted to have rotating chairs among the regional groupings as follows:
|July–December 2015||Western European and other States: United States of America|
|January–June 2016||African States: South Africa/Kenya|
|July 2016–February 2017||Asia-Pacific States: Iraq|
|February2017–Present||Eastern European States: Romania|
Participation in the meetings of the Working Group has been, and continues to be, open to all Member States.
Since its establishment, the Working Group has held four formal meetings, in September 2015 in March 2016, October 2016, February 2017 and October 2017. In addition, the Working Group held ten informal meetings between June 2015 and October 2017. The Working Group reports to the Committee through its chair at every Regular Meeting of the Committee.