This event provides an opportunity to influence the process towards Habitat III and to advocate for the full recognition of the important contributions of women in the urban development agenda. It aims to ensure that gender equality, women’s empowerment, and ending violence against women is placed front and center in the outcome document for Habitat III, in order to strategically support the implementation of the Post 2015 Development Agenda and the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) using human settlements and urbanization as a vehicle for change.
Download brochure for more information.
- Introductory Remarks and Moderator: Lakshmi Puri, Assistant Secretary- General of the United Nations and Deputy Executive Director of UN Women
- Rosana Alvarado, First Vice President of the National Assembly of Ecuador
- Marcelo Cabrera, Mayor of Cuenca, Ecuador
- Cristina Juarranz de la Fuente, Director of Multilateral, Horizontal and Financial Cooperation at the Spanish Agency for International Development Cooperation
- Lana Finikin, Executive Director of Sistren and Representative of the Huairou Commission
- Amir A. Dossal, President, Global Partnerships Forum
- Closing remarks: Aisa Kirabo Kacyira, Assistant Secretary-General of the United Nations and Deputy Executive Director, UN-HABITAT