- Financial Specialist in Brazil
Download PDF Version VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT Issued on 22nd June 2017...
- Posted June 23, 2017
- Call for Expressions of Interest – “Development of an Updated Gender Strategy for GLTN Phase III”
Project Title: “Development of an Updated Gender Strategy for GLTN...
- Land Specialist, (Nairobi), Deadline: 5 July 2017
Download PDF Version VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT Issued on 20th...
- Evaluation Communication Consultant, (Nairobi), Deadline: 27 June 2017
Download PDF Version Terms of Reference for Consultancy issued...
- Africa’s Cities: Opening Doors to the world – Somik Lall
“Africa’s Cities: Opening Doors to the World” demonstrates how urban...
- Call for Expressions of Interest – Colombia Urban Youth Fund Mentorship Programme
SENA and UN-Habitat are excited to launch the call for...
- Consultant – Municipal and Sustainable Finance,(Nairobi), Deadline: 26 June 2017
Download PDF Version CONSULTANCY JOB OPENING Issued on: 19th June...
- Posted June 19, 2017
- After Habitat III and ahead of the Global Compact of Migration, Belgian...
- UN-Habitat Deputy Executive Director roots for New Urban Agenda
- Strengthening land management for peaceful coexistence in Darfur, Sudan
- Urbanization highlighted at the Saint Petersburg International Economic Forum
- Saint Petersburg conference elicits interest in New Urban Agenda
- No events
Call for Papers: E-Governance and urban policy design in developing countries
Rapid urbanization increases the pressure on governments, especially in developing regions. With the proportion of urban population growing from 30% in 1950 to more than 50% in 2010, local governments are challenged to find innovative ways to plan city extensions, optimize their operations, and provide sufficient and equitable access to public services while ensuring transparency, accountability and public participation. Prospects of further growth suggest that in the future the challenge will be even greater: urbanites worldwide are likely to triple by the year 2050, reaching 1.23 billion in Africa and 3.3 billion in Asia. A second global trend is that Information and Communication Technologies (ICT) has become widespread. One third of the world’s population was online in 2011 and 62% of users were in developing countries.
- Urban e-Governance models and frameworks;
- Best practice cases of urban e-Governance in selected regions;
- e-Governance in fast growing cities;
- Particular topics: e-Governance and… land use management, slum upgrading, metropolitan governance, local governance, multi-level governance;
- ICT tools and technologies to support urban e-governance, including mobile e-governance applications for cities;
- Security and privacy, open government data and business models, big data;
- Participation and accountability: open urban government and transparency, effectiveness and equity, youth participation, empowerment of citizens;
- Future trends in urban e-Governance.
- Languages: all contributions should be written in English.
- April 30, 2014: Deadline for abstract submission.Interested contributors should submit an abstract of their proposed paper. The template for the abstract is attached. The submission should also be accompanied by a CV of each author/co-author.
- Submittal abstracts and CVs should be sent by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org and Peter.Sonntagbauer@cellent.at
- May 9, 2014:Notification of abstract acceptance (where proposals list multiple authors, the first author listed on the submittal form will be notified).
- July 4, 2014: Submission of full paper. Guidelines on the format of the paper will be sent to selected contributors.
- July 30, 2014: Results returned after individual review. Contributors may also be requested to serve as reviewers for this project.
- September 3, 2014: Submission of revised and final version of paper. The editorial committee consists of UN-Habitat and Cellent. This publication is anticipated to be released in 2014 and published by UN-Habitat.
- Send all inquiries to: email@example.com and Peter.Sonntagbauer@cellent.at
- For your abstract, please use the following Abstract Template
- Learn more about UN-Habitat https://www.unhabitat.org/ and FUPOL consortium http://www.fupol.eu/