- UN Habitat Commits to Implementing the Global Compact on Migration
- Residents, diplomats and UN-Habitat staff join hands to clean up Nairobi
- UN-Habitat Executive Director unveils Youth Declar-Action at the Sustainable...
- Blue economy forum will boost waters’ potential
- Op-Ed By Maimunah Mohd Sharif on Sustainable Blue Economy Conference
- UN-Habitat leads Africities session on effective local government planning for...
- Chinese Cities Improving in Global Competitiveness
- Resilient cities, a matter of planning for and with children
- UN-Habitat Executive Director: World Cities Day Message
- Central and North Asian Countries Participate in Consultations on Asia and...
Briefing Note: Human Rights Up Front
To further stress the central importance of human rights within the UN, Secretary General Ban Ki Moon launched the “Human Rights Up Front” initiative in December 2013. The Human Rights Up Front initiative recommends six actions to more effectively secure human rights throughout all of the UN’s engagements. The need for early action, and the crucial role of responding early to human rights violations, is at the heart of the “Human Rights up Front” initiative.