- Residents, diplomats and UN-Habitat staff join hands to clean up Nairobi
- UN-Habitat Executive Director unveils Youth Declar-Action at the Sustainable...
- Blue economy forum will boost waters’ potential
- Op-Ed By Maimunah Mohd Sharif on Sustainable Blue Economy Conference
- UN-Habitat leads Africities session on effective local government planning for...
- Chinese Cities Improving in Global Competitiveness
- Resilient cities, a matter of planning for and with children
- UN-Habitat Executive Director: World Cities Day Message
- Central and North Asian Countries Participate in Consultations on Asia and...
- Press Release: Abu Dhabi Signs Agreement with UN-Habitat to Host 10th World...
Young People , Participation and Sustainable Development in an Urbanizing World
Although the proportion of young people in cities is growing rapidly, few studies take into account the diversity of and views on their urban experiences. This is an examination of the lives, capacities, and agencies of urban youth in the developing world and an identification of significant gaps for research.
In particular, this book provides a highlight of the political economy of youth-focused development in an increasingly urbanizing world. Political-economic processes that shape and are shaped by young people’s urban lives get particular attention.
Submit your review