- Designing public spaces using Minecraft brings refugees and local communities...
- UN Habitat Commits to Implementing the Global Compact on Migration
- Residents, diplomats and UN-Habitat staff join hands to clean up Nairobi
- UN-Habitat Executive Director unveils Youth Declar-Action at the Sustainable...
- Blue economy forum will boost water’s potential
- Op-Ed By Maimunah Mohd Sharif on Sustainable Blue Economy Conference
- UN-Habitat leads Africities session on effective local government planning for...
- Chinese Cities Improving in Global Competitiveness
- Resilient cities, a matter of planning for and with children
- UN-Habitat Executive Director: World Cities Day Message
World Water Day 2011 Water and Urbanization , Water for Cities: Responding to the urban challenge
This is the Final Report of the World Water Day 2011 under the theme “Water and Urbanization , Water for Cities: Responding to the urban challenge”. It focused international attention on the impact of rapid urban population growth, industrialization and uncertainties caused by climate change, conflicts and natural disasters on urban water systems. It also encouraged action by governments, organizations, communities, and individuals around the world to engage actively in addressing urban water management challenges. UN-Water designated UN-HABITAT to coordinate the organization of World Water Day 2011.
Submit your review