- Designing public spaces using Minecraft brings refugees and local communities...
- UN Habitat Commits to Implementing the Global Compact on Migration
- Residents, diplomats and UN-Habitat staff join hands to clean up Nairobi
- UN-Habitat Executive Director unveils Youth Declar-Action at the Sustainable...
- Blue economy forum will boost water’s potential
- Op-Ed By Maimunah Mohd Sharif on Sustainable Blue Economy Conference
- UN-Habitat leads Africities session on effective local government planning for...
- Chinese Cities Improving in Global Competitiveness
- Resilient cities, a matter of planning for and with children
- UN-Habitat Executive Director: World Cities Day Message
Tackling a global crisis: International Year of Sanitation 2008
On 20th December 2006, the UN General assembly declared 2008 as the International Year of Sanitation (IYS). The proposal was brought into the General Assembly by 48 Countries at the recommendation of the UN Secretary General’s Advisory Board on Water and Sanitation.
The International Year of Sanitation provides the global community with an opportunity to raise awareness and accelerate actions for the achievement of the sanitation MDG through a variety of actions and interventions.
Submit your review