- Designing public spaces using Minecraft brings refugees and local communities...
- UN Habitat Commits to Implementing the Global Compact on Migration
- Residents, diplomats and UN-Habitat staff join hands to clean up Nairobi
- UN-Habitat Executive Director unveils Youth Declar-Action at the Sustainable...
- Blue economy forum will boost water’s potential
- Op-Ed By Maimunah Mohd Sharif on Sustainable Blue Economy Conference
- UN-Habitat leads Africities session on effective local government planning for...
- Chinese Cities Improving in Global Competitiveness
- Resilient cities, a matter of planning for and with children
- UN-Habitat Executive Director: World Cities Day Message
Structure Plan for Nnewi and Satellite Towns
The goals of the structure plans are towards achieving environmental sustainability in the context of achieving State and Local Economic Development Strategies, Millennium Development Goals and Habitat Agenda, orderly and healthy development, the contributions of cities to sustained economic growth, poverty reduction, sustainable livelihoods, good governance and gender empowerment.
This Report, which is the structure plan for Nnewi, is a tangible outcome of this cooperative effort.For the next 20 years, the Structure Plan envisions that Nnewi will be planned and developed as ‘the foremost efficient, functional, livable, inclusive and sustainable industrial and commercial centre inAnambra State’. Specifically, to promote Nnewi as an efficient and commercial city, the structure plan is designed to achieve the economies of scale industries located together by attracting the existing diverse industries in family compounds to a well-laid out industrial estate.
Submit your review