- UN Habitat Commits to Implementing the Global Compact on Migration
- Residents, diplomats and UN-Habitat staff join hands to clean up Nairobi
- UN-Habitat Executive Director unveils Youth Declar-Action at the Sustainable...
- Blue economy forum will boost waters’ potential
- Op-Ed By Maimunah Mohd Sharif on Sustainable Blue Economy Conference
- UN-Habitat leads Africities session on effective local government planning for...
- Chinese Cities Improving in Global Competitiveness
- Resilient cities, a matter of planning for and with children
- UN-Habitat Executive Director: World Cities Day Message
- Central and North Asian Countries Participate in Consultations on Asia and...
Solomon Islands: National Urban profile
Rapid urban sector profiling studies have been undertaken in Solomon Islands by the Ministry of Lands, Housing and Survey with the support of UN‑Habitat and financed by the European Commission. To date, three city profiles for Honiara, Gizo and Auki have been completed and published.
The present report sets out the national urban profile, consisting of a general background and a synthesis of six themes: governance and institutional links, infrastructure development, informal settlements and housing, local economy and employment, urban land and planning and urban security and environmental safety.
Submit your review