- UN Environment, Yale University demonstrate how to make modern living...
- Sustainable Development Goal 11 Synthesis Report
- UN-Habitat-led SDG 11 report
- Call for Case Studies: Urban and Territorial Planning for Health
- Calling for applications: 2017 Dubai International Award for Best Practices
- Building Sustainable Communities: Leadership, Gender and the Environment Course
- Academy of Sustainable Urban Mobility (AoSUM)
- New Urban Agenda adopted at Habitat III
- Land Management and Informal Settlement Regularisation
- Higher Education Sustainability Initiative (HESI)
Solomon Islands: National Urban profile
Rapid urban sector profiling studies have been undertaken in Solomon Islands by the Ministry of Lands, Housing and Survey with the support of UN‑Habitat and financed by the European Commission. To date, three city profiles for Honiara, Gizo and Auki have been completed and published.
The present report sets out the national urban profile, consisting of a general background and a synthesis of six themes: governance and institutional links, infrastructure development, informal settlements and housing, local economy and employment, urban land and planning and urban security and environmental safety.