- Harnessing Sport as an Economic Force for Urban Development
- Qatar Ambassador Jabor Bin Ali Al-Dosari and UN-Habitat Executive Director hold...
- International urbanization experts meet in Nairobi to discuss urban modern law
- UN-Habitat and partners inaugurate second community garden in Gaza Strip
- UN-Habitat Egypt to develop RAS EL HEKMA Waterfront new city in Egypt
- Time to create safe spaces for the young generation of Kenyans
- International planning experts promote Planning Guidelines in Japan and China
- Improving Public Transport Services for Women: A Story from Cairo
- Namibian habitat committee visits UN-Habitat
- Urban experts and practitioners trained in monitoring SDG 11 indicators
Quick Guides for Policy Makers 7; RENTAL HOUSING. A much neglected housing option for the poor
This Quick Guide reviews the characteristics of rental housing markets and how they function. The issue of demand and supply of rental housing are discussed, followed by policy options to regulate, promote and expand rental housing – especially for the urban poor living in Asia’s cities.