- Designing public spaces using Minecraft brings refugees and local communities...
- UN Habitat Commits to Implementing the Global Compact on Migration
- Residents, diplomats and UN-Habitat staff join hands to clean up Nairobi
- UN-Habitat Executive Director unveils Youth Declar-Action at the Sustainable...
- Blue economy forum will boost water’s potential
- Op-Ed By Maimunah Mohd Sharif on Sustainable Blue Economy Conference
- UN-Habitat leads Africities session on effective local government planning for...
- Chinese Cities Improving in Global Competitiveness
- Resilient cities, a matter of planning for and with children
- UN-Habitat Executive Director: World Cities Day Message
Promoting Local Economic Development through Strategic Planning:The Local Economic Development (LED) series Volume 2 – Manual: LED concepts and a 10-step planning process
The most fundamental challenges of cities-big and small-are linked to their capacity to generate wealth and economic opportunities. The economic vibrancy and resilience of cities largely determine their ability to deal with a host of other development issues including fighting poverty and absorbing population influx. What ever is the context and triggering point, the case for local economic development is strong. The question is how to do it.
The Local Economic Development (LED) series is a resource for local governments, businesses and civil society organizations to help them initiate and implement local economic development interventions through a strategic planning process.
Submit your review