- Designing public spaces using Minecraft brings refugees and local communities...
- UN Habitat Commits to Implementing the Global Compact on Migration
- Residents, diplomats and UN-Habitat staff join hands to clean up Nairobi
- UN-Habitat Executive Director unveils Youth Declar-Action at the Sustainable...
- Blue economy forum will boost water’s potential
- Op-Ed By Maimunah Mohd Sharif on Sustainable Blue Economy Conference
- UN-Habitat leads Africities session on effective local government planning for...
- Chinese Cities Improving in Global Competitiveness
- Resilient cities, a matter of planning for and with children
- UN-Habitat Executive Director: World Cities Day Message
National Urban Policy: A Guiding Framework
This Guiding Framework is designed to outline key elements and instruments of the policy process through all the five NUP phases: feasibility, diagnosis, formulation, implementation and monitoring, and evaluation. Each phase is the subject of one part of the Framework. For each phase, the Framework will recommend perspectives and approaches that can be productive in the development of NUP.
In addition, the Framework will consider the inclusion of the three NUP pillars: participation, capacity development, acupuncture projects and iterative policy design. While ti is understood that all policy processes are unique and context-specific, this document will provide a guiding framework, based on research and practical experiences, in order to provide guidance on proceeding through the NUP process.
Submit your review