- Designing public spaces using Minecraft brings refugees and local communities...
- UN Habitat Commits to Implementing the Global Compact on Migration
- Residents, diplomats and UN-Habitat staff join hands to clean up Nairobi
- UN-Habitat Executive Director unveils Youth Declar-Action at the Sustainable...
- Blue economy forum will boost water’s potential
- Op-Ed By Maimunah Mohd Sharif on Sustainable Blue Economy Conference
- UN-Habitat leads Africities session on effective local government planning for...
- Chinese Cities Improving in Global Competitiveness
- Resilient cities, a matter of planning for and with children
- UN-Habitat Executive Director: World Cities Day Message
Liberia Housing Profile
It is a reality that providing adequate housing to millions of low income households globally and particularly in urban centers is one of the greatest challenges facing present-day society. In Liberia, meeting this challenge would require constructing a new dwelling every five minutes until 2030.
To contribute towards addressing this challenge, the Liberia Housing Profile offers a comprehensive in-depth analysis of the urban housing sector. The Profile contributes to the creation of a framework that enables provision of adequate housing for all. It builds a comprehensive understanding of the functioning of the urban housing sector that can serve as an authoritative reference point for all actors involved in the direct provision or enablement of housing in Liberia.
It provides a series of recommendations for policy design to the key stakeholders in the housing delivery system, including prioritized actions necessary for its improvement.
Submit your review