- Designing public spaces using Minecraft brings refugees and local communities...
- UN Habitat Commits to Implementing the Global Compact on Migration
- Residents, diplomats and UN-Habitat staff join hands to clean up Nairobi
- UN-Habitat Executive Director unveils Youth Declar-Action at the Sustainable...
- Blue economy forum will boost water’s potential
- Op-Ed By Maimunah Mohd Sharif on Sustainable Blue Economy Conference
- UN-Habitat leads Africities session on effective local government planning for...
- Chinese Cities Improving in Global Competitiveness
- Resilient cities, a matter of planning for and with children
- UN-Habitat Executive Director: World Cities Day Message
Impact of Global Financial Crisis on Housing Finance
The report arises out of special session on the global financial crisis organised by UN-HABITAT in 2008. The report discusses the current housing finance crisis and its impacts on the housing sector, affordable housing and the global economy.
It examines the underlying factors and evolution of the global financial crisis and its preceding sub-prime crisis and its spreading, and the major players in the crisis, particularly the role of government, government-sponsored enterprises and specialised housing finance institutions and innovative funding instruments.
It reexamines the effectiveness, efficiency and fairness of the current global financial governance system. It discusses lessons and options under the crisis and implications of extended government intervention in the housing finance market. It also looks at the impats of the global financial crisis.
Submit your review