- UN-Habitat Launches Global Municipal Database
- Women’s Groups Discuss Engaging Women in Promoting Safety
- Harnessing Sport as an Economic Force for Urban Development
- Qatar Ambassador Jabor Bin Ali Al-Dosari and UN-Habitat Executive Director hold...
- International urbanization experts meet in Nairobi to discuss urban modern law
- UN-Habitat and partners inaugurate second community garden in Gaza Strip
- UN-Habitat Egypt to develop RAS EL HEKMA Waterfront new city in Egypt
- Time to create safe spaces for the young generation of Kenyans
- International planning experts promote Planning Guidelines in Japan and China
- Improving Public Transport Services for Women: A Story from Cairo
Ghana: Tamale Urban Profile
Tamale is the fourth largest city in Ghana with a population of 293,881 people and a growth rate of 3.5%. The size of Tamale is approximately 922km sq. The city is the capital of the Northern Region and many people from all over the northern region have migrated into the city.
Economic activities in Tamale revolve around farming and trading. The northern region is one of the poorest regions in the country and most residents do not have access to the basic urban services.