- Designing public spaces using Minecraft brings refugees and local communities...
- UN Habitat Commits to Implementing the Global Compact on Migration
- Residents, diplomats and UN-Habitat staff join hands to clean up Nairobi
- UN-Habitat Executive Director unveils Youth Declar-Action at the Sustainable...
- Blue economy forum will boost water’s potential
- Op-Ed By Maimunah Mohd Sharif on Sustainable Blue Economy Conference
- UN-Habitat leads Africities session on effective local government planning for...
- Chinese Cities Improving in Global Competitiveness
- Resilient cities, a matter of planning for and with children
- UN-Habitat Executive Director: World Cities Day Message
Ghana: Tamale Urban Profile
Tamale is the fourth largest city in Ghana with a population of 293,881 people and a growth rate of 3.5%. The size of Tamale is approximately 922km sq. The city is the capital of the Northern Region and many people from all over the northern region have migrated into the city.
Economic activities in Tamale revolve around farming and trading. The northern region is one of the poorest regions in the country and most residents do not have access to the basic urban services.
Submit your review