- Designing public spaces using Minecraft brings refugees and local communities...
- UN Habitat Commits to Implementing the Global Compact on Migration
- Residents, diplomats and UN-Habitat staff join hands to clean up Nairobi
- UN-Habitat Executive Director unveils Youth Declar-Action at the Sustainable...
- Blue economy forum will boost water’s potential
- Op-Ed By Maimunah Mohd Sharif on Sustainable Blue Economy Conference
- UN-Habitat leads Africities session on effective local government planning for...
- Chinese Cities Improving in Global Competitiveness
- Resilient cities, a matter of planning for and with children
- UN-Habitat Executive Director: World Cities Day Message
Ghana: Ho Urban Profile
Ho is one of the twelve districts in the Volta Region. It has a population of 61,099 and is the administrative and commercial capital of the Volta Region. It is also the administrative and economic hub of the Volta Region. The recent population growth and urban dependency on the already inadequate infrastructure in Ho has far exceeded acceptable standards.
Although some infrastructure provision has been made, these constitute insignificant proportion of infrastructure needs of the municipality. The city is limited by the poor institutional set-up and regulatory framework for an effective municipal management.
Submit your review