- Designing public spaces using Minecraft brings refugees and local communities...
- UN Habitat Commits to Implementing the Global Compact on Migration
- Residents, diplomats and UN-Habitat staff join hands to clean up Nairobi
- UN-Habitat Executive Director unveils Youth Declar-Action at the Sustainable...
- Blue economy forum will boost water’s potential
- Op-Ed By Maimunah Mohd Sharif on Sustainable Blue Economy Conference
- UN-Habitat leads Africities session on effective local government planning for...
- Chinese Cities Improving in Global Competitiveness
- Resilient cities, a matter of planning for and with children
- UN-Habitat Executive Director: World Cities Day Message
Document De Programme-Pays 2008-2009 – Burundi
The development of the Country Program Document and the activities to be carried out were guided by the orientations given by the Government for the period 2005-2010, the relevant recommendations resulting from six workshops organized in 2007 and 2008 within the framework of the formulation of both the National Housing Policy and Urban Policy in Burundi and by the strategic axes identified in common programming documents such as the CSLP, the UNDAF and the CCSP.
The development of this document was also guided by the roadmap prepared within the co-operation framework between UN-HABITAT and the UN Agencies operating in Burundi and by close consultation between UN-HABITAT and the governmental authorities, taking into consideration the specific challenges faced by the Government and related to physical and moral reconstruction in the aftermath of more than 10 years of political turmoil.
Submit your review