- Stakeholders Endorse Proposed Integrated Waste Management Facility for Kajiado...
- UN Habitat leads discussions on creating opportunities for urban youth at Kigali...
- Kenya’s President and UN-Habitat join Nairobi residents in monthly clean-up
- Country Programme Document 2018-2022 for Palestine Launched to Celebrate World...
- Global Urban Lectures – S05E01
- Season 5 of UN-Habitat Global Urban Lectures Launched
- Ms. Maimunah Mohd Sharif, United Nations Under-Secretary-General and Executive...
- Kenya’s Garbage Hero wins the UN-Habitat Scroll of Honour
- UN-Habitat Scroll of Honour award winners announced
- Barcelona Resilience Week to Inspire Action towards Sustainable Urban Resilience
Competências Chave para melhorar a governança local , Volume 1 (Portuguese Language Version)
Now more than ever, local governments are at the forefront of responding to growing social, economic and environmental challenges. In response to this changing context, local elected officials need to be knowledgeable about an increasingly complex set of interrelated issues. They must also develop competencies including decision making, communication, enabling, facilitating, overseeing and empowering, to effectively perform their political leadership and representation roles. Capable local leaders can greatly contribute to improved local governance
The Local Elected Leadership (LEL) series presents two roles and ten competencies essential for every elected official to effectively perform their job when serving local communities. The series contains many training exercises and tools that can be used as practical on-the-job guide long after the leadership training workshop has ended.
Submit your review