- Designing public spaces using Minecraft brings refugees and local communities...
- UN Habitat Commits to Implementing the Global Compact on Migration
- Residents, diplomats and UN-Habitat staff join hands to clean up Nairobi
- UN-Habitat Executive Director unveils Youth Declar-Action at the Sustainable...
- Blue economy forum will boost water’s potential
- Op-Ed By Maimunah Mohd Sharif on Sustainable Blue Economy Conference
- UN-Habitat leads Africities session on effective local government planning for...
- Chinese Cities Improving in Global Competitiveness
- Resilient cities, a matter of planning for and with children
- UN-Habitat Executive Director: World Cities Day Message
Annual Progress Report 2014 Implementation of the Strategic Plan (2014 – 2019)
This is the first annual progress report on implementation of the six year strategic plan for 2014-2019, which was approved by the Governing Council of UN-Habitat during its twenty-fourth session. It is implemented through three successive biennial work programmes and budgets for 2014-2015, 2016-2017, and 2018-2019.
Implementation of the plan started in January 2014, and it builds on the lessons learned and the achievements of the medium-term strategic and institutional plan , 2008-2013. This report has been prepared in accordance with Governing Council resolution 24/15 of April 2013 that request the Executive Director to “report annually to Governments through the Committee of Permanent Representatives and to Governing Council at its twenty-fifth session on progress made in the implementation of the strategic plan and the work programme activities”
The report analyses and presents progress made towards achievement of results (expected accomplishments/ outcomes) through the contributions of UN-Habitat and its partners, comprising governments, local authorities, the private sector, other United Nations agencies and other Habitat Agenda partners, supported by donors.