- UN-Habitat Launches Global Municipal Database
- Women’s Groups Discuss Engaging Women in Promoting Safety
- Harnessing Sport as an Economic Force for Urban Development
- Qatar Ambassador Jabor Bin Ali Al-Dosari and UN-Habitat Executive Director hold...
- International urbanization experts meet in Nairobi to discuss urban modern law
- UN-Habitat and partners inaugurate second community garden in Gaza Strip
- UN-Habitat Egypt to develop RAS EL HEKMA Waterfront new city in Egypt
- Time to create safe spaces for the young generation of Kenyans
- International planning experts promote Planning Guidelines in Japan and China
- Improving Public Transport Services for Women: A Story from Cairo
Annual Progress Report 2014 Implementation of the Strategic Plan (2014 – 2019)
This is the first annual progress report on implementation of the six year strategic plan for 2014-2019, which was approved by the Governing Council of UN-Habitat during its twenty-fourth session. It is implemented through three successive biennial work programmes and budgets for 2014-2015, 2016-2017, and 2018-2019.
Implementation of the plan started in January 2014, and it builds on the lessons learned and the achievements of the medium-term strategic and institutional plan , 2008-2013. This report has been prepared in accordance with Governing Council resolution 24/15 of April 2013 that request the Executive Director to “report annually to Governments through the Committee of Permanent Representatives and to Governing Council at its twenty-fifth session on progress made in the implementation of the strategic plan and the work programme activities”
The report analyses and presents progress made towards achievement of results (expected accomplishments/ outcomes) through the contributions of UN-Habitat and its partners, comprising governments, local authorities, the private sector, other United Nations agencies and other Habitat Agenda partners, supported by donors.