- Designing public spaces using Minecraft brings refugees and local communities...
- UN Habitat Commits to Implementing the Global Compact on Migration
- Residents, diplomats and UN-Habitat staff join hands to clean up Nairobi
- UN-Habitat Executive Director unveils Youth Declar-Action at the Sustainable...
- Blue economy forum will boost water’s potential
- Op-Ed By Maimunah Mohd Sharif on Sustainable Blue Economy Conference
- UN-Habitat leads Africities session on effective local government planning for...
- Chinese Cities Improving in Global Competitiveness
- Resilient cities, a matter of planning for and with children
- UN-Habitat Executive Director: World Cities Day Message
WORLD URBAN FORUM
The World Urban Forum (WUF) is the world’s premier conference on urban issues. It was established in 2001 by the United Nations to examine one of the most pressing issues facing the world today: rapid urbanization and its impact on communities, cities, economies, climate change and policies.
Organized and convened by UN-Habitat, the Forum has become one of the most open gatherings on the international arena, for exchanging views and experiences on urban challenges. The inclusive nature of the Forum, combined with high-level participation, makes it a unique United Nations conference and the premier international gathering on urban issues.
Objective of the Forum
The World Urban Forum has the following objectives:
- raise awareness of sustainable urbanization among stakeholders and constituencies, including the general public;
- improve the collective knowledge of sustainable urban development through inclusive open debates, sharing of lessons learned and the exchange of best practices and good policies; and
- increase coordination and cooperation between different stakeholders and constituencies for the advancement and implementation of sustainable urbanization.
The Ninth session of the World Urban Forum (WUF9), took place in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia in February 2018, with an attendance of more than 23,000 participants. The full WUF9 report will be issued at the Twenty-seventh session of the Governing Council in April 2019.
Please contact us on our NEW email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Click here to visit the WUF9 website.
The Tenth session of the World Urban Forum (WUF10) will take place in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates in 2020. The official announcement was made in March 2017 after the conclusion of the bidding process, which took place in 2016. WUF10 will be the first Forum to be held in the Arab region and it will be another opportunity to review the implementation of the New Urban Agenda.
Click here to visit the WUF10 webpage.
WUF11 bidding process
The selection process for the Eleventh session of the World Urban Forum to be held in 2022 started with a call for expression of interest for cities that would like to host the event. The deadline for receiving the expressions of interest was July 2018. The WUF11 selected host city/country will be announced in April 2019. More information on the Call for Expressions is available here.
For more information visit the Previous WUF sessions.
Please feel free to contact us on our NEW email address: email@example.com