- UN-Habitat Launches Global Municipal Database
- Women’s Groups Discuss Engaging Women in Promoting Safety
- Harnessing Sport as an Economic Force for Urban Development
- Qatar Ambassador Jabor Bin Ali Al-Dosari and UN-Habitat Executive Director hold...
- International urbanization experts meet in Nairobi to discuss urban modern law
- UN-Habitat and partners inaugurate second community garden in Gaza Strip
- UN-Habitat Egypt to develop RAS EL HEKMA Waterfront new city in Egypt
- Time to create safe spaces for the young generation of Kenyans
- International planning experts promote Planning Guidelines in Japan and China
- Improving Public Transport Services for Women: A Story from Cairo
The City Prosperity Initiative – Brochure
In 2012, UN-Habitat created a tool to measure the sustainability of cities. This tool known as The City Prosperity Index was accompanied by a conceptual matrix, the Wheel of Urban Prosperity. In 2013, UN- Habitat received numerous requests from local authorities and central governments to estimate their respective prosperity indexes. Mayors and other decision-makers wanted to know how their cities feature in comparison with other cities. This included knowledge on how to improve ratings and measurements of cities towards the prosperity path, including gaining critical insights in to which programmes and policies work, and the possible impacts these actions may have.
As a result of these demands, UN-Habitat transformed the City Prosperity Index into a global initiative known as the City Prosperity Initiative.