- Designing public spaces using Minecraft brings refugees and local communities...
- UN Habitat Commits to Implementing the Global Compact on Migration
- Residents, diplomats and UN-Habitat staff join hands to clean up Nairobi
- UN-Habitat Executive Director unveils Youth Declar-Action at the Sustainable...
- Blue economy forum will boost water’s potential
- Op-Ed By Maimunah Mohd Sharif on Sustainable Blue Economy Conference
- UN-Habitat leads Africities session on effective local government planning for...
- Chinese Cities Improving in Global Competitiveness
- Resilient cities, a matter of planning for and with children
- UN-Habitat Executive Director: World Cities Day Message
Water Operators’ Partnership between Fiji and Australia_EN
This WOPs is a peer-support arrangement between Water Authority of Fiji (WAF) Fiji and Hunter Water Australia (HWA) Australia, carried out on a not-for-profit basis with the objective of strengthening operator capacity.
Partners focused on six priority areas following a dynamic and participatory diagnosis, which resulted in an ambitious one-year work plan. The management of the WOP was informal however followed the initial plan. Classroom and on-thejob training, frequent remote exchanges and operational assistance visits allowed for the expected objectives to be achieved. This inclusive and novel approach was conducive to rapid change and progress.