- Designing public spaces using Minecraft brings refugees and local communities...
- UN Habitat Commits to Implementing the Global Compact on Migration
- Residents, diplomats and UN-Habitat staff join hands to clean up Nairobi
- UN-Habitat Executive Director unveils Youth Declar-Action at the Sustainable...
- Blue economy forum will boost water’s potential
- Op-Ed By Maimunah Mohd Sharif on Sustainable Blue Economy Conference
- UN-Habitat leads Africities session on effective local government planning for...
- Chinese Cities Improving in Global Competitiveness
- Resilient cities, a matter of planning for and with children
- UN-Habitat Executive Director: World Cities Day Message
Water Operators’ Partnership Fact sheet between Argentina and Brazil_EN
This WOPs is a peer-support arrangement between Compañía Salteña de Agua y Saneamiento S.A. (Aguas del Norte) Argentina and Companhia de Saneamento Ambiental do Distrito Federal(Caesb) Brazil, carried out on a not-for-profit basis with the objective of strengthening operator capacity.
An initial collaboration to support Aguas del Norte with energy efficiency was expanded to metering, tariffs, IT systems and wastewater treatment. Activities consisted of assessment visits, on-the-job and classroom training, and frequent remote exchanges that addressed issues ranging from technology and working methods to strategic organization and planning. The management of the WOP was informal and flexible.