- Designing public spaces using Minecraft brings refugees and local communities...
- UN Habitat Commits to Implementing the Global Compact on Migration
- Residents, diplomats and UN-Habitat staff join hands to clean up Nairobi
- UN-Habitat Executive Director unveils Youth Declar-Action at the Sustainable...
- Blue economy forum will boost water’s potential
- Op-Ed By Maimunah Mohd Sharif on Sustainable Blue Economy Conference
- UN-Habitat leads Africities session on effective local government planning for...
- Chinese Cities Improving in Global Competitiveness
- Resilient cities, a matter of planning for and with children
- UN-Habitat Executive Director: World Cities Day Message
Urban Resilience Enhancer: Resource Efficiency
The consumption of natural resources has increased to unsustainable levels due to population growth and rapid urbanisation, with cities now using billions of tonnes of raw materials to sustain their urban lifestyles. The concept of resource efficiency, outlined in this Enhancer, offers the opportunity to promote responsible use of resources while maintaining a good standard of living.