- Designing public spaces using Minecraft brings refugees and local communities...
- UN Habitat Commits to Implementing the Global Compact on Migration
- Residents, diplomats and UN-Habitat staff join hands to clean up Nairobi
- UN-Habitat Executive Director unveils Youth Declar-Action at the Sustainable...
- Blue economy forum will boost water’s potential
- Op-Ed By Maimunah Mohd Sharif on Sustainable Blue Economy Conference
- UN-Habitat leads Africities session on effective local government planning for...
- Chinese Cities Improving in Global Competitiveness
- Resilient cities, a matter of planning for and with children
- UN-Habitat Executive Director: World Cities Day Message
Urban Resilience Enhancer: Informality Action
More than one quarter of the world’s urban population lives in informal settlements. Informal settlements create marginalisation and segregation, and their inhabitants are often more vulnerable to health risks, natural disasters, unreliable wages, hazardous working environments, and a lack of basic services. This Enhancer outlines a series of indicators to help local governments evaluate informality in their city, and identify its root causes in order to manage it appropriately.