- Designing public spaces using Minecraft brings refugees and local communities...
- UN Habitat Commits to Implementing the Global Compact on Migration
- Residents, diplomats and UN-Habitat staff join hands to clean up Nairobi
- UN-Habitat Executive Director unveils Youth Declar-Action at the Sustainable...
- Blue economy forum will boost water’s potential
- Op-Ed By Maimunah Mohd Sharif on Sustainable Blue Economy Conference
- UN-Habitat leads Africities session on effective local government planning for...
- Chinese Cities Improving in Global Competitiveness
- Resilient cities, a matter of planning for and with children
- UN-Habitat Executive Director: World Cities Day Message
Cities and Climate Change Academy
Educational modules for the Curricula of Universities, Higher Education and Training Institutions on Climate Change in Urban Areas These modules provide an overview of theory and concepts of climate change including mitigation, adaptation, risk and vulnerability, and demonstrate how climate change is a key issue in urban areas. Climate change education is needed to address the challenges of climate change and universities play an important role in transferring knowledge The modules show how cities are both affected by and contribute to climate change and how planning for climate change is essential. The project was supported by funding from the Government of Norway. The modules were developed under the Habitat UNI, the UN-Habitat partnership with universities globally. The Cities and Climate Change Academy is one of the components of the Cities and Climate Change Initiative. The developers of the modules were organized in consortia of universities that collaborated intensively in the development of the modules