- Designing public spaces using Minecraft brings refugees and local communities...
- UN Habitat Commits to Implementing the Global Compact on Migration
- Residents, diplomats and UN-Habitat staff join hands to clean up Nairobi
- UN-Habitat Executive Director unveils Youth Declar-Action at the Sustainable...
- Blue economy forum will boost waters’ potential
- Op-Ed By Maimunah Mohd Sharif on Sustainable Blue Economy Conference
- UN-Habitat leads Africities session on effective local government planning for...
- Chinese Cities Improving in Global Competitiveness
- Resilient cities, a matter of planning for and with children
- UN-Habitat Executive Director: World Cities Day Message
Urban Dialogues Open Up Electronic Platform For Debate On New Urban Agenda
New York, 6 July 2015 – A new electronic platform allowing people from all over the world to contribute to the debates around the New Urban Agenda has been launched as part of the activities leading up to the Habitat III conference in October 2016.
Over the month of July, the Urban Dialogues will enable debate through online comment and social media channels around six key thematic areas: social cohesion and equity; urban frameworks; spatial development; urban economy; urban ecology and environment, and; urban housing and basic services.
“Our battle for global sustainability will be won or lost in cities,” said Dr Clos, Executive Director of UN-Habitat and Secretary-General of the Habitat III conference, in a video about the preparatory process to date. “This is a global process. Habitat III welcomes participation from all [partners].”
The Urban Dialogues is one vehicle for encouraging such global contributions. To inform the discussions, the Habitat III Secretariat has coordinated the production of issue papers around each theme which will guide discussants on the key aspects of the issue and areas of consideration for the conference.
Habitat III – the United Nations Conference on Housing and Sustainable Urban Development – will take place from 17-20 October 2016 in Quito, Ecuador.