- UN Habitat Commits to Implementing the Global Compact on Migration
- Residents, diplomats and UN-Habitat staff join hands to clean up Nairobi
- UN-Habitat Executive Director unveils Youth Declar-Action at the Sustainable...
- Blue economy forum will boost waters’ potential
- Op-Ed By Maimunah Mohd Sharif on Sustainable Blue Economy Conference
- UN-Habitat leads Africities session on effective local government planning for...
- Chinese Cities Improving in Global Competitiveness
- Resilient cities, a matter of planning for and with children
- UN-Habitat Executive Director: World Cities Day Message
- Central and North Asian Countries Participate in Consultations on Asia and...
UN‐Habitat Programme Accountability Framework
As a programme of the United Nations Secretariat, UN‐Habitat is governed by the UN Secretariat Accountability system. This programme accountability framework is meant to be specific to UNHabitat and complement the UN Secretariat system.
The purpose of this accountability framework is to ensure good governance, consider relevant leading practices, create the necessary environment of accountability and transparency in UNHabitat, and guarantee that UN‐Habitat business operations are carried out effectively through continuous improvement. The UN‐Habitat accountability framework is intended to foster a strong culture of accountability across the Organization.
Each UN‐Habitat staff member is expected to exercise his or her responsibility and functions in accordance with the principles set down in this framework. This framework is effective from 1 July 2015.