- UN-Habitat Launches Global Municipal Database
- Women’s Groups Discuss Engaging Women in Promoting Safety
- Harnessing Sport as an Economic Force for Urban Development
- Qatar Ambassador Jabor Bin Ali Al-Dosari and UN-Habitat Executive Director hold...
- International urbanization experts meet in Nairobi to discuss urban modern law
- UN-Habitat and partners inaugurate second community garden in Gaza Strip
- UN-Habitat Egypt to develop RAS EL HEKMA Waterfront new city in Egypt
- Time to create safe spaces for the young generation of Kenyans
- International planning experts promote Planning Guidelines in Japan and China
- Improving Public Transport Services for Women: A Story from Cairo
UN‐Habitat Programme Accountability Framework
As a programme of the United Nations Secretariat, UN‐Habitat is governed by the UN Secretariat Accountability system. This programme accountability framework is meant to be specific to UNHabitat and complement the UN Secretariat system.
The purpose of this accountability framework is to ensure good governance, consider relevant leading practices, create the necessary environment of accountability and transparency in UNHabitat, and guarantee that UN‐Habitat business operations are carried out effectively through continuous improvement. The UN‐Habitat accountability framework is intended to foster a strong culture of accountability across the Organization.
Each UN‐Habitat staff member is expected to exercise his or her responsibility and functions in accordance with the principles set down in this framework. This framework is effective from 1 July 2015.