- Designing public spaces using Minecraft brings refugees and local communities...
- UN Habitat Commits to Implementing the Global Compact on Migration
- Residents, diplomats and UN-Habitat staff join hands to clean up Nairobi
- UN-Habitat Executive Director unveils Youth Declar-Action at the Sustainable...
- Blue economy forum will boost water’s potential
- Op-Ed By Maimunah Mohd Sharif on Sustainable Blue Economy Conference
- UN-Habitat leads Africities session on effective local government planning for...
- Chinese Cities Improving in Global Competitiveness
- Resilient cities, a matter of planning for and with children
- UN-Habitat Executive Director: World Cities Day Message
UNEP and UN-Habitat Greener Cities Partnership
For over two decades, the United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) and the United Nations Human Settlements Programme (UN-Habitat)) have worked together to advocate for and promote environmental sustainability in urban development
The Greener Cities Partnership is envisaged to upscale the successful collaboration between UNEP and UN-Habitat. It aims to strengthen synergies between the two agencies and among their partners. Broadly, the objective of this cooperation is to mainstream the environmental perspective into urban policy-making and incorporate urban perspectives into the environmental policy-making, as well as to highlight the local-global linkages of environmental issues.