- Designing public spaces using Minecraft brings refugees and local communities...
- UN Habitat Commits to Implementing the Global Compact on Migration
- Residents, diplomats and UN-Habitat staff join hands to clean up Nairobi
- UN-Habitat Executive Director unveils Youth Declar-Action at the Sustainable...
- Blue economy forum will boost water’s potential
- Op-Ed By Maimunah Mohd Sharif on Sustainable Blue Economy Conference
- UN-Habitat leads Africities session on effective local government planning for...
- Chinese Cities Improving in Global Competitiveness
- Resilient cities, a matter of planning for and with children
- UN-Habitat Executive Director: World Cities Day Message
The General Assembly resolution 67/216 decided that the Habitat III conference and its Preparatory Committee shall be open to members of specialized agencies and of the International Atomic Energy Agency and is calling for the promotion of an inter-agency support to the maximum possible extent.
Governing Council resolution 24/14 invites the Secretary-General of the Conference to consider establishing an effective United Nations system-wide coordination mechanism so as to enable the effective participation and contributions of United Nations departments, funds and programmes, the regional commissions and specialized agencies, and the international financial institutions, at all stages of the preparatory process and at the Conference itself.
Resolution 68/239 requests to mobilize the expertise of the United Nations system as a whole, including the regional commissions, and of other relevant international, regional and sub-regional organizations, for the Habitat III preparatory process.
Habitat III is the unique opportunity for the United Nations family to meet with Governments, Mayors and the full range of urban stakeholders all over the world to discuss the challenge of how cities and towns can become better planned and managed, and fulfill their role as drivers of sustainable development.