- Designing public spaces using Minecraft brings refugees and local communities...
- UN Habitat Commits to Implementing the Global Compact on Migration
- Residents, diplomats and UN-Habitat staff join hands to clean up Nairobi
- UN-Habitat Executive Director unveils Youth Declar-Action at the Sustainable...
- Blue economy forum will boost water’s potential
- Op-Ed By Maimunah Mohd Sharif on Sustainable Blue Economy Conference
- UN-Habitat leads Africities session on effective local government planning for...
- Chinese Cities Improving in Global Competitiveness
- Resilient cities, a matter of planning for and with children
- UN-Habitat Executive Director: World Cities Day Message
UN-Habitat’s Gender Equality Marker
The UN SWAP requires all agencies to track resources invested in promoting gender equality. The GEM is an accountability tool that measures the degree to which a project addresses gender equality and women’s empowerment. It is used to track resources and report internally and externally, in particular to donors.
The GEM requires a rating to be given to all projects, and will indicate how much of UN-Habitat’s work and financial resources are spent on projects and programmes that increase gender equality and women’s empowerment.