- Designing public spaces using Minecraft brings refugees and local communities...
- UN Habitat Commits to Implementing the Global Compact on Migration
- Residents, diplomats and UN-Habitat staff join hands to clean up Nairobi
- UN-Habitat Executive Director unveils Youth Declar-Action at the Sustainable...
- Blue economy forum will boost water’s potential
- Op-Ed By Maimunah Mohd Sharif on Sustainable Blue Economy Conference
- UN-Habitat leads Africities session on effective local government planning for...
- Chinese Cities Improving in Global Competitiveness
- Resilient cities, a matter of planning for and with children
- UN-Habitat Executive Director: World Cities Day Message
UN-Habitat Urban YouthConnekt Session 2018
The YouthConnekt Africa Summit 2018 under the theme, “Connekting youth for continental transformation” was held 8-10 October 2018 at the Kigali International Convention Centre in Kigali, Rwanda. It brought together young men and women from all over Africa and beyond. The Summit focused on the role of the youth in developing the continent as well as curbing the challenges faced by the young people every day.
The first inaugural continental Summit was held in 2017. It resulted in the adoption of three main recommendations; scaling up of the YouthConnekt to the regional level, establishment of the YouthConnekt Hub and the Empowerment Fund to finance youth empowerment initiatives across the continent.
The 2018 Summit was officially opened by the Prime Minister of Rwanda, Mr. Édouard Ngirente and it attracted more than 3000 young people from the African Continent gathered to discuss major issues that they face.