- Designing public spaces using Minecraft brings refugees and local communities...
- UN Habitat Commits to Implementing the Global Compact on Migration
- Residents, diplomats and UN-Habitat staff join hands to clean up Nairobi
- UN-Habitat Executive Director unveils Youth Declar-Action at the Sustainable...
- Blue economy forum will boost water’s potential
- Op-Ed By Maimunah Mohd Sharif on Sustainable Blue Economy Conference
- UN-Habitat leads Africities session on effective local government planning for...
- Chinese Cities Improving in Global Competitiveness
- Resilient cities, a matter of planning for and with children
- UN-Habitat Executive Director: World Cities Day Message
UN-Habitat to announce winner of ‘Student Design Competition for Kenya’s Towns’
UN-Habitat and Kenya’s Ministry of Transport, Infrastructure, Housing and Urban Development are pleased to announce an exhibition of 9 short-listed candidate from ‘STUDENT DESIGN COMPETITION FOR KENYA’S TOWNS‘. The competition was held by UN-Habitat and the Ministry to seek creative planning and design ideas for sustainable urban development in Kenya. The competition was open to undergraduate and postgraduate students from around the world.
Through this design competition, UN-Habitat and The State Department of Housing and Urban Development, seek to create a momentum for greater urban design application by demonstrating the value of urban design in implementing newly drafted city/town plans in Kenya.It targeted the following nine cities/towns in Kenya: Mombasa, Malindi, Kitui, Machakos, Kiambu, Nyeri, Embu, Nakuru and Naivasha.
The Exhibition will be at Main entrance to The United Nations Office at Nairobi from 10th June 2016 to 24th June 2016. Inauguration ceremony of the exhibition of “STUDENT DESIGN COMPETITION FOR KENYA’S TOWNS” will be held on 13th June 2016 for invited participants. At the Inauguration ceremony, the overall winner of the competition will be announced.
For further information about the exhibition, kindly inquire to Kenya.email@example.com