- Central and North Asian Countries Participate in Consultations on Asia and...
- Press Release: Abu Dhabi Signs Agreement with UN-Habitat to Host 10th World...
- One Hundred Youth Receive Training on Solar Street Lighting to Curb Urban...
- Workshop Promotes Sustainable Social Housing Projects in India
- Stakeholders Endorse Proposed Integrated Waste Management Facility for Kajiado...
- UN Habitat leads discussions on creating opportunities for urban youth at Kigali...
- Kenya’s President and UN-Habitat join Nairobi residents in monthly clean-up
- Country Programme Document 2018-2022 for Palestine Launched to Celebrate World...
- Global Urban Lectures – S05E01
- Season 5 of UN-Habitat Global Urban Lectures Launched
UN Habitat spearheads urban discussion at the Youth Connekt Summit
KIGALI, 8 October – The 2018 Youth Connekt Africa Summit opens today in Kigali, Rwanda and runs until 10 October.
Launched in 2012, Youth Connekt Programme is a platform for youth in Africa to learn, share information and to strengthen their skills and networks.
UN-Habitat based on its own experience of working with urban youth globally, works with the Youth Connekt Summit as it provides young people with opportunities to connect on innovation, technology, art and other areas to improve their lives, their communities, countries and the continent.
This year, UN-Habitat will host an inaugural Urban YouthConnekt Session 2018 which will provide an urban perspective on the Summit’s discussion and recommendations in developing and empowering young leaders, innovators and entrepreneurs
The goal of The Urban Youth Connekt Session 2018 is to influence, enhance and develop policy, programmes and partnerships within the urban context towards sustainable job creation, entrepreneurship, education and skills, civic participation and leadership, technology, innovation and networks for youth. The session will also open up dialogue and come up with integrated cross cutting innovations such as access to financing, digitalization, art, sports and culture to enhance results for economic transformation for the continent within the South- South Cooperation Framework.
“We are keen to ensure that the Urban Youth Connekt 2018 becomes a launching pad for robust programs, policies and partnerships that empower young leaders and innovators in urban areas,” said Ms. Mutinta Munyati
Human Settlement Officer, Regional Office for Africa, UN-Habitat
The Urban YouthConnekt brings together youth to showcase interventions, share knowledge, ideas and solutions towards existing urban challenges. Recommendations and best practices from the discussions will aim to influence frameworks and operations of the YouthConnekt Africa Hub for smart and sustainable cities.
The Urban YouthConnekt includes a forum with speakers drawn from public and private spheres, the UN and international organizations, civil society and academia. UN-Habitat has organized an urban stream for engagement with panelists on innovations, policy, financing and partnerships.
For more information, please visit; https://unhabitat.org/events/urban-youthconnekt-session-2018/ and/or contact
Ms. Mutinta Munyati: Human Settlement Officer, Regional Office for Africa, UN-Habitat Mutinta.Munyati@un.org