- Designing public spaces using Minecraft brings refugees and local communities...
- UN Habitat Commits to Implementing the Global Compact on Migration
- Residents, diplomats and UN-Habitat staff join hands to clean up Nairobi
- UN-Habitat Executive Director unveils Youth Declar-Action at the Sustainable...
- Blue economy forum will boost water’s potential
- Op-Ed By Maimunah Mohd Sharif on Sustainable Blue Economy Conference
- UN-Habitat leads Africities session on effective local government planning for...
- Chinese Cities Improving in Global Competitiveness
- Resilient cities, a matter of planning for and with children
- UN-Habitat Executive Director: World Cities Day Message
UN-Habitat Partnership Strategy – 2017-2022
The importance of stakeholder participation and partnerships towards achieving sustainable development is expressed in the Sustainable Development Goals (SDG) 16 and 17, and in numerous paragraphs of the New Urban Agenda (NUA), (1, 4-6, 11, 15, 21, 91, 96, 126, 128, 149, 153-4, 162-3, 165, 168-9, 171, and 172), the outcome document of the third UN Conference on Housing and Sustainable Urban Development (Habitat III), held in Quito, Ecuador in October 2016.
The Bussan partnership for effective development cooperation and the subsequent global partnership declarations offer principles and actions by governments and other stakeholders within the context of sustainable development, which are relevant to implementation of the NUA.
This partnership strategy responds to recommendations of the UN Joint Inspection Unit 2014, the OIOS 2015, and MOPAN evaluation of UN-Habitat in 2016. The strategy also builds on the UN system-wide collective actions in preparations for Habitat III and beyond, which led the Chief Executive Board to issue a paper and statement of commitment within the context of the “UN Delivering as One”.