- Designing public spaces using Minecraft brings refugees and local communities...
- UN Habitat Commits to Implementing the Global Compact on Migration
- Residents, diplomats and UN-Habitat staff join hands to clean up Nairobi
- UN-Habitat Executive Director unveils Youth Declar-Action at the Sustainable...
- Blue economy forum will boost water’s potential
- Op-Ed By Maimunah Mohd Sharif on Sustainable Blue Economy Conference
- UN-Habitat leads Africities session on effective local government planning for...
- Chinese Cities Improving in Global Competitiveness
- Resilient cities, a matter of planning for and with children
- UN-Habitat Executive Director: World Cities Day Message
UN-Habitat goes open
Nairobi, 28 October 2015 – UN-Habitat has today launched the integration of its transparency web portal Open.unhabitat.org into its corporate website. Open UN-Habitat forms part of UN-Habitat’s reporting to the International Aid Transparency Initiative (IATI). IATI is a voluntary, multi-stakeholder initiative that seeks to improve the transparency of aid, development, and humanitarian resources in order to increase their effectiveness in tackling poverty. IATI brings together donor and recipient countries, civil society organisations, and other experts in aid information who are committed to working together to increase the transparency and openness of aid. The web portal contains a wealth of data related to all UN-Habitat’s ongoing projects and programmes. It allows users to explore data from UN-Habitat programmes and projects, including information on donors, budget of projects, their status of implementation and participating organizations. All data can be easily filtered by various indicators such as regions, countries, donors, sector and budget and is updated on a quarterly basis The portal is a major step in making UN-Habitat a more open and transparent organisation. It was funded by the Swedish International Development Coorperation (Sida) who strongly support open data and the international transparency movement. To access the portal, please click here