- Press Release: Abu Dhabi Signs Agreement with UN-Habitat to Host 10th World...
- One Hundred Youth Receive Training on Solar Street Lighting to Curb Urban...
- Workshop Promotes Sustainable Social Housing Projects in India
- Stakeholders Endorse Proposed Integrated Waste Management Facility for Kajiado...
- UN Habitat leads discussions on creating opportunities for urban youth at Kigali...
- Kenya’s President and UN-Habitat join Nairobi residents in monthly clean-up
- Country Programme Document 2018-2022 for Palestine Launched to Celebrate World...
- Global Urban Lectures – S05E01
- Season 5 of UN-Habitat Global Urban Lectures Launched
- Training on Innovative Approaches to Deliver Affordable Housing Options in Asia:...
UN-Habitat calls for nominations for Scroll of Honour Award
Nairobi, Kenya 23 July 2018 – UN-Habitat is calling for nominations for its prestigious Scroll of Honour Award given to those who have made a significant, long lasting impact in the field of urbanization.
UN-Habitat, which works towards a better urban future, launched the Scroll of Honour in 1989. Those honoured have made outstanding contributions in the field of human settlements, provision of housing, highlighting the plight of those living in poverty or displaced, developing and improving human settlements and the quality of urban life.
Individuals, organizations and projects can be nominated including government and inter-governmental organizations or agencies, cities, local authorities or their associations, civil society organizations, the private sector, National Habitat Committees, academic institutions, public or private foundations, multilateral agencies and the media.
This time the selection committee will give particular attention to achievements related to this year’s World Habitat Day theme – Municipal Solid Waste Management. Managing and controlling municipal solid waste in an environmentally adequate manner is key for protecting our local and global environment.
The award, a plaque engraved with the name of the winner, will be presented during the Global Observance of World Habitat Day on 1 October 2018.
The deadline for submitting entries for the UN-Habitat Scroll of Honour Award for this year is 28 August 2018 and up to five will be selected as winners.
For more information please go to https://unhabitat.org/scroll-of-honour/
or contact email@example.com
UN-Habitat works in over 90 countries supporting people in cities and human settlements for a urban future. The agency has been focusing on urban development for over 40 years. Working with governments and local partners, its high impact projects combine world-class expertise and local knowledge to deliver timely and targeted solutions. The 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development includes a dedicated goal on cities, SDG 11 – to make cities inclusive, safe, resilient and sustainable. Under the New Urban Agenda, there is a clearly defined and renewed dedication among the global development community to ensure our cities expand in a sustainable way.