- Designing public spaces using Minecraft brings refugees and local communities...
- UN Habitat Commits to Implementing the Global Compact on Migration
- Residents, diplomats and UN-Habitat staff join hands to clean up Nairobi
- UN-Habitat Executive Director unveils Youth Declar-Action at the Sustainable...
- Blue economy forum will boost water’s potential
- Op-Ed By Maimunah Mohd Sharif on Sustainable Blue Economy Conference
- UN-Habitat leads Africities session on effective local government planning for...
- Chinese Cities Improving in Global Competitiveness
- Resilient cities, a matter of planning for and with children
- UN-Habitat Executive Director: World Cities Day Message
UN-Habitat and Urban Renewal Organization hold first training workshop
Tehran, 22 September 2015 – UN-Habitat Tehran office has held its first training workshop on “Urban Resilience, Habitat Improvement and Disaster Risk Management -Built Environment” with Urban Renewal Organisation (URO), Tehran Municipality, for the professional and mid-level managers of URO.
This 3-day training, which started yesterday, is to improve the know-how and capacity of URO personnel, who are directly dealing with vulnerable communities in the old and dilapidated city fabrics. UN-Habitat and URO intend to have five more such training sessions by March 2016.
The main objectives of these training workshops are to enable the participants have a better understanding of habitat improvement processes, resilient cities, urban regeneration earthquake resistant constructions, and impacts on built environment UN-Habitat is scheduled to have more similar training workshops with several other municipality and other organisations by December 2015.