- Harnessing Sport as an Economic Force for Urban Development
- Qatar Ambassador Jabor Bin Ali Al-Dosari and UN-Habitat Executive Director hold...
- International urbanization experts meet in Nairobi to discuss urban modern law
- UN-Habitat and partners inaugurate second community garden in Gaza Strip
- UN-Habitat Egypt to develop RAS EL HEKMA Waterfront new city in Egypt
- Time to create safe spaces for the young generation of Kenyans
- International planning experts promote Planning Guidelines in Japan and China
- Improving Public Transport Services for Women: A Story from Cairo
- Namibian habitat committee visits UN-Habitat
- Urban experts and practitioners trained in monitoring SDG 11 indicators
UN-Habitat and UNECE co-organize regional workshop
Geneva 14 September 2017–UN-Habitat and UNECE co-organized a final regional workshop of the UNDA 9th tranche project “Strengthening national capacities for sustainable housing and urban development in countries with economies in transition”. The workshop was held in Geneva on 10 November to discuss experiences, best practices of and lessons learned in the implementation of the project. The project was aimed to support building capacities of national governments for development and implementation policies on sustainable housing and urban development in countries with economies in transition (implemented in four countries – Armenia, Republic of Moldova, Serbia and Tajikistan).
The workshop was also used to formulate:
(1) Best practices in building capacities to achieve the urban related SDGs, implementation of the New Urban Agenda and other relevant global and regional agreements.
(2) Next steps in cooperation of UN agencies and other international organizations in supporting countries with economies in transition to achieve the urban related SDGs and to implement relevant global and regional commitments.
The workshop was held within the framework of the 78th Session of the UNECE Committee on Housing and Land Management in Geneva. It included a Ministerial Segment on 9 November 2017, which was organized as a forum for a high-level exchange of experiences and views on progress and challenges related to the implementation of recent international agreements such as the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development, the New Urban Agenda and the Geneva UN Charter for Sustainable Housing.