- Harnessing Sport as an Economic Force for Urban Development
- Qatar Ambassador Jabor Bin Ali Al-Dosari and UN-Habitat Executive Director hold...
- International urbanization experts meet in Nairobi to discuss urban modern law
- UN-Habitat and partners inaugurate second community garden in Gaza Strip
- UN-Habitat Egypt to develop RAS EL HEKMA Waterfront new city in Egypt
- Time to create safe spaces for the young generation of Kenyans
- International planning experts promote Planning Guidelines in Japan and China
- Improving Public Transport Services for Women: A Story from Cairo
- Namibian habitat committee visits UN-Habitat
- Urban experts and practitioners trained in monitoring SDG 11 indicators
UN-Habitat and UN CC:Learn launch an e-learning module on climate change and cities
Nairobi, o3 December 2015 – UN-Habitat has developed together with UN CC:Learn, the One UN Climate Change Learning Partnership, an e-learning module on climate change and cities. This module responds to the need for climate change education for action on climate change to be possible.
The module introduces the theme of climate change in urban areas. The module covers how cities are affected by climate change and how cities are contributing to climate change. In addition, the module looks at how climate change adaptation and mitigation can be considered in urban planning and identifies concrete measures. Several examples of how cities can play a transformational role in addressing climate change are presented.
It is freely available on the UN CC:Learn website as part of the introductory course on climate change and can be accessed via this link: http://www.uncclearn.org/news/new-climate-change-learning-modules-health-and-cities-now-available-online