- UN Habitat Commits to Implementing the Global Compact on Migration
- Residents, diplomats and UN-Habitat staff join hands to clean up Nairobi
- UN-Habitat Executive Director unveils Youth Declar-Action at the Sustainable...
- Blue economy forum will boost waters’ potential
- Op-Ed By Maimunah Mohd Sharif on Sustainable Blue Economy Conference
- UN-Habitat leads Africities session on effective local government planning for...
- Chinese Cities Improving in Global Competitiveness
- Resilient cities, a matter of planning for and with children
- UN-Habitat Executive Director: World Cities Day Message
- Central and North Asian Countries Participate in Consultations on Asia and...
UN-Habitat and UN CC:Learn launch an e-learning module on climate change and cities
Nairobi, o3 December 2015 – UN-Habitat has developed together with UN CC:Learn, the One UN Climate Change Learning Partnership, an e-learning module on climate change and cities. This module responds to the need for climate change education for action on climate change to be possible.
The module introduces the theme of climate change in urban areas. The module covers how cities are affected by climate change and how cities are contributing to climate change. In addition, the module looks at how climate change adaptation and mitigation can be considered in urban planning and identifies concrete measures. Several examples of how cities can play a transformational role in addressing climate change are presented.
It is freely available on the UN CC:Learn website as part of the introductory course on climate change and can be accessed via this link: http://www.uncclearn.org/news/new-climate-change-learning-modules-health-and-cities-now-available-online