- Designing public spaces using Minecraft brings refugees and local communities...
- UN Habitat Commits to Implementing the Global Compact on Migration
- Residents, diplomats and UN-Habitat staff join hands to clean up Nairobi
- UN-Habitat Executive Director unveils Youth Declar-Action at the Sustainable...
- Blue economy forum will boost water’s potential
- Op-Ed By Maimunah Mohd Sharif on Sustainable Blue Economy Conference
- UN-Habitat leads Africities session on effective local government planning for...
- Chinese Cities Improving in Global Competitiveness
- Resilient cities, a matter of planning for and with children
- UN-Habitat Executive Director: World Cities Day Message
- Total value of UN-Habitat investments (2008-2015): US$40000
- Total number of UN-Habitat projects (2008-2015): 2
- Main donors: European Commission and, the Africa, Caribbean and Pacific Secretariat
- Implementing partners: Ministry of Home Affairs and Rural Development, Department of Lands and Survey, Kapule local government
The Pacific has a very rapid rate of urbanisation and high population growth and is not well enough prepared to cope with the challenges and opportunities that urban growth presents. UN-Habitat is well placed to assist Tuvalu to improve its urban management and planning practices and enable new thinking and actions about how best to evolve cities, towns and peri-urban areas for the future.