- Designing public spaces using Minecraft brings refugees and local communities...
- UN Habitat Commits to Implementing the Global Compact on Migration
- Residents, diplomats and UN-Habitat staff join hands to clean up Nairobi
- UN-Habitat Executive Director unveils Youth Declar-Action at the Sustainable...
- Blue economy forum will boost water’s potential
- Op-Ed By Maimunah Mohd Sharif on Sustainable Blue Economy Conference
- UN-Habitat leads Africities session on effective local government planning for...
- Chinese Cities Improving in Global Competitiveness
- Resilient cities, a matter of planning for and with children
- UN-Habitat Executive Director: World Cities Day Message
Training Needs Assessment and Training Outcome Evaluation Manual, In an Urban Context
Training aims to change and improve the individual and their organization’s performance. However, when financial resources are scarce assessment and evaluation are often among the first steps to be cut back, in particular as they are perceived as rather complicated.
This manual provides the basic theory of, and affordable methods for, conducting training needs assessment and training outcome evaluation along with concrete tips and tools to support their practical application. It is primarily intended for use by training institutions providing capacity development activities related to sustainable urban development, although other actors may find it useful as well. Local governments and other organizations who are recipients of training could benefit from using this manual to assess internal needs before engaging in training institutions.