- UN-Habitat Launches Global Municipal Database
- Women’s Groups Discuss Engaging Women in Promoting Safety
- Harnessing Sport as an Economic Force for Urban Development
- Qatar Ambassador Jabor Bin Ali Al-Dosari and UN-Habitat Executive Director hold...
- International urbanization experts meet in Nairobi to discuss urban modern law
- UN-Habitat and partners inaugurate second community garden in Gaza Strip
- UN-Habitat Egypt to develop RAS EL HEKMA Waterfront new city in Egypt
- Time to create safe spaces for the young generation of Kenyans
- International planning experts promote Planning Guidelines in Japan and China
- Improving Public Transport Services for Women: A Story from Cairo
Training Needs Assessment and Training Outcome Evaluation Manual, In an Urban Context
Training aims to change and improve the individual and their organization’s performance. However, when financial resources are scarce assessment and evaluation are often among the first steps to be cut back, in particular as they are perceived as rather complicated.
This manual provides the basic theory of, and affordable methods for, conducting training needs assessment and training outcome evaluation along with concrete tips and tools to support their practical application. It is primarily intended for use by training institutions providing capacity development activities related to sustainable urban development, although other actors may find it useful as well. Local governments and other organizations who are recipients of training could benefit from using this manual to assess internal needs before engaging in training institutions.