- UN Habitat Commits to Implementing the Global Compact on Migration
- Residents, diplomats and UN-Habitat staff join hands to clean up Nairobi
- UN-Habitat Executive Director unveils Youth Declar-Action at the Sustainable...
- Blue economy forum will boost waters’ potential
- Op-Ed By Maimunah Mohd Sharif on Sustainable Blue Economy Conference
- UN-Habitat leads Africities session on effective local government planning for...
- Chinese Cities Improving in Global Competitiveness
- Resilient cities, a matter of planning for and with children
- UN-Habitat Executive Director: World Cities Day Message
- Central and North Asian Countries Participate in Consultations on Asia and...
Towards Sustainable Urban Development in an integrated vision Cabo Verde
Cabo Verde is beyond its urban tipping point with currently 64.8 per cent. While the urban growth rate has reached its peak, the current growth rate of two percent annually will have important implications for future spatial configurations, resources and land use.
This brochure describes the work carried out by UN-Habitat in collaboration with the Ministry of Environment, Housing and Territorial Management of Cabo Verde in recent years, which has consistently focused on sustainable urban development.
Since 2009 UN-Habitat has implemented several projects in different intervention sectors, to provide response to different urban issues, such as: local authority’s capacity building, promoting urban citizenship, urban security and safety and local economic development.