- Designing public spaces using Minecraft brings refugees and local communities...
- UN Habitat Commits to Implementing the Global Compact on Migration
- Residents, diplomats and UN-Habitat staff join hands to clean up Nairobi
- UN-Habitat Executive Director unveils Youth Declar-Action at the Sustainable...
- Blue economy forum will boost water’s potential
- Op-Ed By Maimunah Mohd Sharif on Sustainable Blue Economy Conference
- UN-Habitat leads Africities session on effective local government planning for...
- Chinese Cities Improving in Global Competitiveness
- Resilient cities, a matter of planning for and with children
- UN-Habitat Executive Director: World Cities Day Message
The Role of Urbanization In the Structural Transformation of Africa
The purpose of the side event was to engage prominent African stakeholders, including representatives from member states, Regional Economic Communities (RECs), academics, civil society organizations and development partners in collective reflection, and experience sharing on issues related to urbanization and structural transformation in Africa.
The event provided an opportunity to propose measures that would harness cities and urbanization as drivers of inclusive and sustainable transformation in line with the Post 2015 Development Agenda, Africa Position on the sustainable Development Goals and the AU Agenda 2063.